Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hooked!

Okay so I finally started reading the Twilight series. I know I am a little late. My best friend, Jess, told me about them at least a year ago but I was way too busy. I am proud to say that I started reading them a week from yesterday and I am already ready for the latest, Breaking Dawn. My mom's coworker is bringing it to her and forgot on Friday otherwise I would probably be done with that one as well!! In hindsight it actually worked out well that I waited, because now I didn't have to wait more than a day to continue Edward and Bella's saga. I can't wait to get book 4 and I can't wait for the movie in December. Most of my friends are either just starting or just finishing so I am sure we will all be ready for one awesome girls night out when the movie comes out. Marc even said he would see it although I am not sure if I should share that with everyone (too late!). He works at Deseret Book so he hears all the girls talking about Edward nonstop and I guess he is a little curious. He has been very supportive this week while everything I talk about is Edward, Bella, or Jacob. I was enthralled in the book when I told Marc that Jacob ran away (sorry for the spoiler anyone). Unfortunately Marc wasn't completely in tune to the fact that I was discussing my book and he thought I meant my nephew, Jacob. I scared him for a half second until I also realized what he would be thinking and then corrected those thoughts (oops). So I guess I am competely hooked and slightly in love with Edward now. Marc actually bought me book 3 because my mom bought the rest and it has iron ons for Team Edward or Team Jacob. I think I will have to make a Team Edward T-shirt for the movie!! Thanks for getting me hooked Jess, I love it! If you are a fan feel free to tell me how much you love Edward and if you are a Jacob fan, I want some reasoning.

4 comments:

heather said...

I'm so glad that you started reading these books! ARen't they just awesome?!
So as for which team...it's kind of funny b/c the first time I read the series I was Edward all the way. THe second time I read them I was team JAcob. Now I think I'm at a tie. So Yeah, the fourth book is crazy! Thats all I have to say. I did like it, but I think it could have been better. Once you read it we need to talk b/c i'm dying to know what other people think of it.:)

Jessica said...

Book four is AWESOME. There are some annoying parts but the whole time I was like, "WHAT?" It was unexpected the whole way and the ending was perfect. Plus, Edward is hot. Jacob is not.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Jessicas comment. Edward frequents my dreams, Jacob frequents my annoying-people-that can't-take-a-hint-nightmares.

Becky said...

I just finished the last one last night. I enjoyed all the books but Liked Breaking Dawn best. I feel like Jacob personalitly was addressed more fully than Edwards but I really like both of them. Bella is the one that annoys me some. She really has a one track mind if ya know what I mean. We should all get together when Melissa is done reading them and have a "Book club" type dicussion!