Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Job but my Baby is cute!

Okay, so in case you aren't aware there is a hiring freeze going on in Clark County School district so my search for a job as a school counselor has not been very easy. I finally found a high school that needed a counselor but because of the freeze, would not be able to hire one, however, they wanted me to be a long term sub for the position. I was so excited because if I ended up subbing there, I would pretty much be guaranteed the actual position. Well, I went through all the run around and got everything taken care of so that I was a certified substitute, and then I found out on Friday that they could not get the position approved. The director (whoever he or she is, that is all they were ever called) at CCSD did not approve substitute counselors, only teachers. Needless to say, I was beyond bummed out. The high school said they are still very interested in me, however, I will need to go through all the proper channels when the job does post and interview for the position. It looks like the freeze will end when all the numbers come in on final count day, which will be around the end of September. All I can do is hope that the school really did want me bad enough to hire me in September when they can. The only good thing is that I am all set up with Substitute teaching for now, so hopefully I will get a few jobs and be able to make a little bit of money while I am waiting. We really needed that job ASAP but I guess we will have to wait and hope and pray that everything works out. On the bright side, because I am not working yet, I get more time to spend with my cute little boy. I know I am going to miss him so much when I have to work so I will try and enjoy the time I get to spend with him. We have had a lot of fun this last week swimming at the rec center with my sister and her kids and just playing together. He is learning so many new and cool things. The above picture is Casen playing in his swim floaty. I brought it inside and he loves to play in it in and out of the swimming pool. Today, he was throwing the ball back and forth with us and practicing walking again. I tried something different with the pictures but it didn't really work out how I planned it, but here is a picture of Casen walking. He is now in the double digits on taking steps. He has taken up to 12 steps but for some reason is still too chicken to take off on his own and really walk. We always have to prompt him. The close up picture is when he made it to me (he is always so excited). I can't believe how fast he is growing and all the amazing things that he does every single day. I am sure by next week I will be able to post a blog about him really taking off and walking on his own. I am so grateful for Casen, he is so cute and I really just love to look at him and take care of him, even though he is a little stinker sometimes! For now, it is bedtime for Casen so I guess I better go and help Marc out!






8 comments:

Ashby Family said...

Oh that stinks about the job. You know if you sub for the schools in the east and North East zone the pay is $20 more a day but for me it just isn't worth it. ;) This will be my third year subbing for CCSD. I love "guest teaching" at White Middle School and Mannion Middle School (they will still call you subs).

Pike's Place said...

Good luck on the job front! How frustrating! Casen is a cutie, though.

heather said...

Hopefully you get the job. That would be pretty sweet working with HS kids. So what did you have to do to become a sub? I guess i'm just interested in knowing what its all about.

Michelle Campbell said...

I can't get over how stinkin cute Casen is. What a doll! I'm sorry about the job thing. That really sucks. Hopefully it'll all work out at the end of September. A friend of mine was a long term sub for the whole school year last year, so I'm sure you can find sub jobs all over out there. Good luck!!

Jessica said...

Is it wrong that I hope you don't get the job so you can hang out with me more? I know- I'm selfish.

Your little boy is so stinking cute. I can't wait to snack on him when I get there (in 8 days!!!).

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

So sorry about the job! We saw Marc at Deseret today and he told me too. My friend who is a teacher says that they are always in need of subs, so hopefully that will work out for you until you can find a permanent job. On a lighter note, Casen is ridiculously cute so we do need to get together soon! Good luck with everything and see you soon!

Ragan said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear about the job :( but you're right, Casen is cute!

Brianna said...

What High School was it? I don't know where you are interviewing or interested in working but maybe I could take to Patsie (assistant super.) about some of that paper work and see if there's anything she can do to help.