10 years ago
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Super Long, Super Vacation Post!
I am finally back from my vacation and have time to post a vacation update. Our family reunion was so much fun! It was so great to have everyone together again and there was soo much to do! My sister did a fabulous job of posting pictures and details so here is a link to her update (is that lame or what!?!) http://thewillicuties.blogspot.com/2008/07/reunion.html I did have to post some of my own information because Casen got his first haircut while we were there. This is a picture of my sister, Cara, cutting Casen's hair. He was actually very well behaved for the majority of the haircut.
The after picture is our family photo that my sister posted. It is such a cute hair do that makes him look like a little man.
This is a picture of us at fireworks on the 4th of July. These were Casen's first fireworks and he LOVED them! He sat and stared at them for the entire hour, yes I said hour!! The fireworks lasted an entire hour. It actually started getting sort of funny because we kept thinking they were going to be over and that was the finale, but it just kept on going. Then we decided to start making bets on what time they would actually end. I believe my nephew, Josh, ended up winning with the time, 9:56 pm. We really had a lot of fun! The best part was that on the final night we ended up staying up until 1:30 am talking and Marc and I had to wake up at 3:30 am to take my brother to the airport in Phoenix. We then drove 8 hours to San Diego with each of us taking a 1 hour nap along the way. Needless to say, we started our trip off a little bit tired!
This picture is the start of our cruise portion of the vacation. We went to the San Diego beach before we went on the cruise. Casen had fun on his first trip to the beach. We let him walk around in the sand and then when we went to wash him up, he had sand in his mouth and everywhere else. I have no idea how he got the sand in his mouth. I guess it wouldn't have been a true beach experience without it and he seems to be fine so I will let it slide! As for our cruise, it lasted from Monday until Saturday morning. We went to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, Mexico, and also had 2 days at sea. There were a lot of activities on the ship like eating and swimming that we participated in (they even had scrapbooking!). We basically just hung out, relaxed, and ate amazing food. Every night is a 3 course meal where you can order as many appetizers, entrees, and desserts as you want. There is a slight chance that I gained a little weight from the experience =)
Here is a picture of us on formal night. That is the night when everyone gets to dress up for dinner and you can get fancy pictures taken. We just took our own!
This is a picture of our family in Cabo San Lucas. Marc and I got to go on a kayaking and snorkeling adventure in the morning while Marc's mommy watched Casen. It was so much fun. I had never been snorkeling before and I loved it! After that, we all explored the town and ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. In Ensenada we explored the town and Marc's mom and I had some interesting pedicures. I am pretty sure that I don't have any skin left on my feet. Other than that we checked out the town and bought some souvenirs. Some of the not so fun things that happened while on the cruise include, Casen cutting another tooth, Casen getting cabin fever and acting a little spastic, and Casen throwing himself off of the bed and getting a huge goose egg. Despite this, we had a great time! We got home on Saturday and I was still rocking from the ship until Sunday night. My nice mommy came and brought us dinner on Saturday because we were so tired and dizzy! Luckily, we didn't experience any of this when we were actually on the cruise ship! I guess we have to come back to reality now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time on the cruise! I loved snorkling too, it's so much fun! Welcome back to real world Sis... Love ya!
Your trip sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous. Isn't it crazy watching them shave the bottom of your feet off when you get a pedicure?
SO fun! I LOVE cruises..and you are pretty brave to take a baby on a cruise- you are way more adventurous than I am.
One day I'd love to take a cruise. It sounds like such an nice getaway. Are you still finding sand from your beach trip? I still am in the car from our San Diego beach trip and that was back in June! Ariana brought two full shoe loads into the car. : )
Post a Comment