10 years ago
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Yeah, I Passed!!
Today I had my oral defense and portfolio presentation. Basically it is the culmination of my Master's in school counseling. We had to create a portfolio with information on how we have grown throughout the program, all the different counseling tools that we have developed and use, and also a case presentation, resume, and other professional information. Then we had to present this to a committee of faculty members. After presenting the portfolio, the faculty got to ask me questions. It was a little stressful leading up to the event, but I feel that it turned out really well. I got a lot of great feedback from the faculty and they were really excited about my portfolio. I made a scrapbook out of my portfolio, of course, because that is what I do. It was very beautiful and I was very proud of how it turned out. After the presentation, we go out in the hallway while the faculty votes on whether we pass or not. If we don't pass then we cannot graduate!! And, YEAH, I passed. I wasn't too worried about it, however it relieves a lot of stress to have it over with. I am now in the final weeks of my program and I will be graduating on May 17th. I feel like I have been going to school forever so I am looking forward to graduation and the completion of my schooling for a LONG time! I celebrated with some of my school friends by going out to lunch at PF Chang's! It was so much fun, and we were all happy to be done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Kendra! That is so exciting. Great job! You've worked so hard and totally deserve it!
That is awesome. I am very impressed that you are almost done. I am sure it was not easy going to school and taking care of your cute family. Good job!
Congrats Kendra! That must feel really good. Let's celebrate!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Congratulations! That is HUGE that you will have your masters degree in a month. You really have worked hard and I'm glad it is going to all pay off. I'm really proud of you.
Thanks everyone!! You're so nice!!
Congrats!!!!! I'm super proud of you. I think that the second hardest thing after being a mom is going to school and being a mom at the same time. Congrats again!
Post a Comment