Friday, April 4, 2008

Casen is 6 months old!!

And he has a tooth and I have some Easter pictures!! I guess I have 3 posts in one since I am a little behind!!

Here is our family on Easter! Casen wasn't too interested in looking at the camera. We are getting professional pictures taken tomorrow so hopefully he does better then!
Casen and his Easter egg. My niece Autumn said she was going to find eggs for Casen so she was bringing him eggs during the family hunt. He just liked eating the outside of them, however, I am sure he would have eaten whatever what was inside too if he could have. He loves to put EVERYTHING in his mouth!!
Mommy and Casen! Once again he is not that interested in taking pictures!

Okay, so the whole tooth picture didn't show up that great! Use your imagination and focus in on the bottom right (his left)!! He has one tiny little tooth! Hopefully we will get some better pictures because it has grown a little more since this was taken! It was a pretty miserable 3 days leading up the big event. I could not figure out what was wrong with him because he was incredibly grumpy and he is never grumpy. Since the arrival of the tooth, I have also experienced being bitten for the first time. I am sure that any other breastfeeding mother can relate! I am probably a wuss, but I sure did cry a little when he did it. I am a little extra cautious when I am feeding him now. I have a finger on hand to unlatch him at a seconds notice! I really hope he never does that again!

We had Casen's 6 month check up this week and unfortunately he is not gaining weight like he should. The doctor isn't too concerned yet, he just thinks he needs to eat a lot more. We are now on a get fat diet (not me, I have already accomplished that), just Casen. We have done this with his daddy before so we are ready. Basically, I have to start feeding him 8 ounces every 3 hours. I can still breastfeed, but in addition I either need to feed him rice cereal, a vegetable, or an extra formula bottle. My goal was to breastfeed for at least 6 months and we made it, so I am okay. I still get to breastfeed, just not exclusively. We have another appt in a couple weeks to check his weight! He is only 14 lbs 12 oz, so he has actually lost a little weight. He is, however, still in the 75-90 percentile for height. He is 27 1/4 inches long. He is definitely going to be tall but he will also probably be skinny like dad! Today he tried his first veggies and he loved it. We gave him squash and he didn't even make a face. I had the video camera all ready to catch some silly face and instead he just ate it all like it was nothing. I guess I am glad not to have a picky eater, especially since his parents are so dang picky! Other than his weight, he is doing great. He is so active and gets into everything he can find. He is army crawling everywhere and his favorite new toy is paper (maybe he will be a scrapbooker like mom =)). He is a lot of fun and certainly keeping me busy!!

2 comments:

heather said...

Wow, so he has got a little tooth.Also random question, when did you start introducing veggies and fruit (gerber kind) to Casen? I have totally forgotten when to do this and so I don't know when to start with Marissa. So sad that I forgot already.
Anyways, I love the Easter pictures and good luck making that boy fat!

Becky said...

Casen's so cute! what can I say?