Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Casen's First trip to Disneyland!

Since we had a long weekend and we didn't have any real vacations this year (only family reunions) we decided a cool trip would be awesome. I am really not sure where the idea came from but Marc was stoked for Disneyland. I am so glad that we went, it was so fun and surprisingly relaxing. We opted for the limited annual pass so we will be able to go a few times next year and it made it less stressful because we weren't concerned about hitting every ride. We really worked the fast passes and also the rider switch program so Marc and I could go on the big rides and just had fun. Casen was in such amazement the whole time. We told him we were going to Mickey's house so after the first day, he kept talking about going to Mickey's house. He was even whining "I go Mickey Mouse clubhouse". It was also funny because on the 2nd day we went on a few rides that were a little more scary for Casen so he learned the phrase "It scare me". So then he started saying that on every ride even if he was smiling and clearly not scared. It made me laugh though. He is so full of it sometimes. I posted a lot of pictures!!
Here is a picture of the awe and amazement that Casen experienced during Playhouse Disney Live. His expression did not change the entire time. He just kept staring in awe trying to sing along but his lips could barely move! This look was worth the entire trip!

Daddy, Casen, and Pluto. Casen was not too fond of the characters close up so Daddy had to be with him!

Casen Riding the carousal all by himself! Casen loved the carousal so much we had to ride it twice! I think he thought he was pretty cool up on the horse by himself!

Casen and Daddy on the tea cups. Casen thought he was making it spin so he thought it was so much fun. We went on those twice as well. I had to convince Marc they were not too scary.

Casen at the Halloween pumpkin carving. It was really neat, they had an old guy their doing all these cool carvings that you could watch. There was also a petting zoo that Casen loved!

Mommy and Casen in Tarzan's treehouse. I was proud of Casen walking up the stairs all by himself. It was pretty cool to walk through, I am not sure if I ever have before. Casen thought the bridge was the coolest. He ran across it so fast.

If you look carefully you can see the drool coming off his chin! Marc had him on his shoulders so he could see Mickey and Friends dancing with their band. We were really close to the action so I think Casen was in utter amazement.

We finally gave in on the last day and got Casen some Mickey Ears. I was originally just putting them on so I could take a picture but then Casen didn't want to take them off. I guess we should have gotten them earlier because he loved wearing them. He will have them on the next trip though! I think that really completes the Disneyland experience!

We ended up staying 3 days and getting home late Sunday night. We stayed at the Holiday Inn and that was great, we used priceline and got a super deal and then they even gave us a free upgrade to a mini suite. It worked out great because we had a separate room for Casen to sleep in and he always does better when he wakes up and doesn't see us. Overall, it was an awesome experience! If anyone wants to go, let us know and maybe we will join you!

5 comments:

heather said...

Yay!!!! So many posts! Love that you guys had fun at Disneyland!
Oh, and love his costume. So cute.

Jessica said...

How fun...I think we are going back to Disneyworld this month and I am pretty excited! LOOOOVE the pictures of Casen in awe.

Pike's Place said...

Congrats on a successful Disneyland trip! It's so fun with the little ones!

Michelle Campbell said...

We LOVE disneyland and our 2 youngest have never been. We take the older two and leave the younger ones home so we can go on everything. haha. You have inspired me to take the younger ones though. He looks so happy! I love it! He's so grown up already. What a sweetie!

Ashby Family said...

We love, love, love Disney Land. I wish we could go more often. Looks like a great first time for Casen.