Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Pictures!

I was going to make a post with all the cute pictures that my sister took, but instead she redesigned my blog with all the pictures! Take a look at my new header and my super handsome little boy and husband! I also wanted to talk about some of the silly things that Casen has been up to. This kid is such an energetic little boy. Marc's favorite thing to say about Casen is that he has 2 speeds, turbo and off. He is either going full speed, or he is sleeping. He is a great sleeper though! He sleeps 12 hours a night and takes a 3 hour nap everyday (occasionally longer)! That was such a blessing this summer because it allowed me to get a lot done. It is also allowing me to blog right now! Casen is also talking really well right now. I cannot even list all of the words he says but here are some of the funniest...He says AWE-some, emphasis on the Awe. He says "I like it" or "I donlikeit", it sounds like all one word when he says it. He also ends almost every statement with mommy. At night when it is bed time he says "rock a baby top" which means he wants to rock on the rocking chair. He also is our little organizer and cleaner. Casen loves to line things up and organize them. He is super OCD. The silliest things bug him. He likes things done the same way or he will whine about it. He also likes to vacuum and wipe things down. I gave him some baby wipes to help me clean the kitchen and he just followed me around and wiped everything down. Then he started on his own cleaning the doors and the floor. Our biggest challenge right now is Casen's strong will. He is a very independent little boy who wants what he wants when he wants it. We get to have a lot of talks and time outs to try and calm him down. I just can't possibly figure out where he might have gotten a strong will from?!? Okay, maybe I am a little guilty! Overall, we are having so much fun with Casen and we love him so much!!

10 comments:

heather said...

I love the new family pictures. So very very adorable. Love it all! Oh and the new blog layout is awesome too. So cute!
By the way, where did you take your pictures?

Jessica said...

Great pictures...the only complaint that I have is that I can't zoom in on them. Casen is a total hunk. Yes, I just said hunk.

Casen sounds a lot like Bridger, only without the cleaning and organizing. The kid is stubborn and truth be told, mean and bossy. That's why they're so cute.

Jessica said...

P.S. You look hot- especially in that blue. It makes your eyes look amazing. Mmmm mmmm.

Pike's Place said...

Casen is getting so big and handsome! So cute!

Ashby Family said...

Love the pictures and the header is AWE-some ; ) I can't believe he is already talking so much. Glad he sleeps so well that really is helpful.

Todd and Saralyn said...

Your pictures are so good..Let me know when your sister might come through again..also I would love one of you guys or casen !!!

Boopsie said...

I love those colors-so fun! It's so funny how the little things mean so much to us and leave such an impression! Enjoy every minute until the next one comes ;-)

Lynette said...

Love your new pics! The colors are great. Glad you enjoyed your summer break.

Celestia said...

Hey Kinny! I love the new pics. Casen looks exactly like Marc though, so you need to have another one and see if it looks like you. I love you and miss you. We need a vaction to vegas some time. Seth is heading to Utah for a week in October, maybe I could convince him to drop me off in Vegas on the way.

Brenda E said...

I really like the look of you blog. The family pictures are great!