Thursday, August 6, 2009

Crappy Vacation...Literally

This is a slightly outdated post but I guess I have been lazy lately. Maybe after explaining what was supposed to be our vacation, you will understand! We arrived in Utah (this was 2 weeks ago) late Thursday night. Casen decided that he didn't need to go back to sleep because he had slept in the car. I, however, had not slept in the car and was very tired. I was up with Casen until nearly 5 am. One of our main reasons for going up to Utah on Thursday was to be able to go the Pioneer Day parade, because of our long night, that did not happen. After sleeping in we got to go to the lake with Marc's cousins. We had so much fun but forgot our camera (total bummer). It was Casen's first time on a small boat and he pretty much hated it! He was tired and grumpy from not sleeping well and he pretty much just whined and slept while we were out on the water. He screamed the whole time I was out on the tube because it scared him. When we thought he was feeling a little better I put him on the tube with me and he hated that too. Marc's aunt got a picture with her cell phone but I can't transfer it on the computer right now. He has the most distressed face you can imagine. After the lake, the real fun began. I started feeling really sick and nauseous and I thought I just needed some food. We got home and I could not eat, I felt horrible. Marc wasn't feeling too bad so he ate dinner and went to the Rodeo while I stayed miserable in bed. When Marc got home he started feeling sick too. We were both sick all night. We are pretty sure it was food poisoning from the Arby's that we ate the day before. It was so awful. Marc slept all day Saturday while I tried my best to take care of Casen and then I made him sleep. We were supposed to be camping at this point but neither of us could do much of anything. When Casen woke up we all needed a break from the house so we went to this little park in North Ogden! It is fun because you can feed the ducks.
Here is Casen and Marc feeding the ducks!

Here is Casen looking over the river. His favorite part was running around and then sitting down on the rocks.

The funniest thing about going to the duck park was that we walked up at the same time as one of our old Vegas friends that had moved to Utah. We didn't even know they lived in North Ogden and it was completely random! It was nice to catch up and Casen was able to play with their little girl who is the same age. When we thought we could manage we went camping the next day. Sunday, I felt sick and had to rest but Marc felt better. Then Monday, Marc felt sick and I felt better. We were supposed to go to the lake again but instead went to town and went bowling.

Every day at camp the kids enjoyed playing in the pools and the slip-n-slide. Here is Casen and Brooklyn checking out the slip-n-slide. BY the way, they are not in their swim suits, they just started getting into the water before we could do anything about it. Luckily, I had lots of extra clothes.

Here is Casen playing with Marc's cousin (yes his 1st cousin who is only 3). They kept running to get in the water with their clothes on so they ended up in swim diapers only.

The boys had so much fun together but they also had some little spats. It was nice to see Casen getting a little bullied because he always thinks he is the top dog.
As you can imagine, after trading off being sick for so many days we were both exhausted. We had made plans to go to Park City, but instead we went home early. We were able to stop by and visit my brother in Provo and stay with them (where Casen had another sleepless night) and then we finally got home on Weds. It has taken us this entire week to recover!!! We decided that next year we are going to skip the reunion and go for our own super fun family vacation!

Sorry this post is so long but I since it's been a while I needed to catch up. I only have a few more days until I go back to work so I am going to spend them getting things more organized in the house so that my days will be a little easier when I am working. It can be stressful to be a working mom and I have been so blessed to have this time off to relax and just have fun with Casen. I am going to miss him next week!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Which Las Vegas friend did you run into?

Pike's Place said...

Being sick and sleepless is no fun! It looks like you managed to have some fun, though. Welcome back!

Todd and Saralyn said...

lol..that family trip wa kinda hard on everybody..

Kendra said...

Just a friend that used to be in our ward, no one you know!