Casen had fun playing in the dirt, and as you can probably tell, eating it too. He was so filthy but I guess that is what camping is all about.
This is a picture of the scenery all around. It really was very pretty. I forget that this area can actually be pretty!
Here is Casen having some more fun. He was filling the buckets with dirt and rocks. The part we didn't get on picture was right after this when someone else wanted one of the buckets and Casen had a total meltdown. Overall, it was relaxing and fun!
Our next trip was over memorial day weekend to Pinetop, AZ. Marc's cousin got married right around there at the Snowflake Temple. It was such a beautiful area. I forgot to bring my camera to the wedding so I don't have those pictures yet, Marc's mom has them. It was such a nice temple though. The little resort we stayed at was so nice though. It was tucked away in some pine trees and there was a pool and all kinds of activites. Casen had fun playing on the playground and mostly chasing the squirrels.
Here is another scenery picture of the pinetop area. I would recommend a vacation here, it was so nice.
Here is a close of the little squirrel Casen was chasing. I didn't even have to zoom in that much to get this shot.
Here is a picture of Casen chasing the squirrels. They must be pretty used to people because they let us get pretty close. I think the squirrel was teasing Casen because he would wait to run until Casen got closer.
When I got home, I realized a vacation was just what I needed. We just got to relax and hang out with Marc's mom's family. It also happened to be Marc's birthday on Sunday so we got to have a nice relaxing day together since he didn't have to do all his normal church stuff. Other than Casen deciding he didn't need to sleep for the first night, we had a great time and were well rested when we got home.
Now the countdown has begun, I only have 7 more days of work and then I am off for 2 whole months!! We are planning lots of fun vacations and swimming!!





3 comments:
Sometimes going away for the weekend is just what I need. You are lucky you got to go on 2 right in a row. I am glad you guys had fun. Casen is getting so big!
How about making some time for your big sis?! Looks like you had a great time camping...I didn't know you did that kind of stuff, was there
running water and showers? HAHA
Sounds like fun!! I bet you can't wait to be off for 2 months! We should get together soon and be friends again!
Post a Comment