Friday, January 2, 2009

The No Man!

So yesterday was Casen's 15 month birthday and his new favorite word is NO! I guess it was to be expected since he is a toddler, however, I wasn't really looking forward to it. Here are two videos depicting his use of the word no. The first one starts with him playing a game with the Christmas tree which he thinks is hilarious. He tickles his nose on the branch and then laughs. Then he starts to grab the ornaments, which is a big no no, but he knows that so he just tells himself. The second one is pretty much the same thing. I was having trouble getting it to post so it is at the very end of the post! He is telling himself no after touching the tree. He usally says his no's in a string like that, no no no no, he can't just say it once! He also wanted my phone after he moved on from the ornaments. He also says me, which is what he says when he wants something.


Since I haven't updated since Christmas and New Year's, I will give you a quick update. We had a really nice Christmas. Marc's family was actually in town (they usually go to Utah). So we had a combined Christmas Eve with all of my family as well. We had a big dinner and played some fun games! It was a bit crazy with everyone there, but we had a lot of fun. On Christmas we played house hopping. We started at our house and let Casen open his presents. It took him 20 minutes to open 4 presents because he was ripping the paper off in tiny little pieces. It was pretty funny though. Then we went to the traditional Christmas breakfast at my parent's house. We also opened more presents. Then we went to Marc's family's house where I put both my boy's down for a nap and I hung out and watched a Chevy Chase's Christmas with Marc's mom. When Marc's brother arrived we started opening presents while we anticipated Shane's call from the mission field. He called right at 4 like he said, however, he called to say he will call back in an hour. We were supposed to eat dinner at my parents at 5, so we went there to eat so we could get back for the call. Dinner got started late so right as we started to take a bite of our delicious turkey, we had to get up and go back for Shane's call. It was worth it though, because we got to talk to Shane! He is doing so great, he even has the missionary accent. He is really enjoying his mission and having a lot of success. He has been involved in several baptisms and reactivations. They have even got a few couples married in order to get baptized! After we talked to Shane, we went back to my family's and finally got to eat some yummy dinner! Although it was a little busy, we had a great holiday. As for New Year's, let's just say next year will be better. We had a nice dinner out with my family and then we did a whole lot of nothing. We played some games and watched really poor coverage of the fireworks. We would have been better off just going to sleep! I have really enjoyed my 2 weeks off of work and I am not looking forward to waking up early again. It was great to have this extra time to play with Casen and just have some fun. We accomplished a lot! We are excited for this New Year and we have made a lot of great goals. We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!! Happy 2009!



5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the videos! He is getting so big! He's funny.

boys in the hood said...

That's a cute kid you got there!

Pike's Place said...

Glad you ahd such a fun-filled holiday! Happy 2009!

Ashby Family said...

"No" (but I'll do it anyways mom and laugh so I don't get in trouble because I am too cute ; ))
That is funny. I love when they do stuff like that.

Todd and Saralyn said...

He is so cute!