Thursday, December 11, 2008

From One Injury to the Next

So I am really starting to feel like a bad mother! Just when Casen's nose was starting to look sort of normal (it was only slightly red from the scar). He goes ahead and trips and decides to land nose first on the coffee table at my mom's house. He was playing in her living room like he always does and he just tripped. My older nephew was in there and I had gone outside so I felt really bad about it. As you can see, it looks pretty bad. He cried for 45 minutes straight, which is not like him at all. Most of the time, he doesn't even cry when he falls down. It was seriously the saddest thing I have ever seen. I kept holding and rocking him and he would almost stop crying and then all of the sudden he would bawl again. My mom even took a turn and tried to comfort him to no avail. Finally, I just put him in the car to take him home, and then he cried to whole way home. He fell asleep crying by the time I got in my neighborhood. I ended up just letting him sleep for several hours. This was Saturday and then Sunday morning, his nose was so swollen I was afraid it was broken, so I took him to quick care. Fortunately, it was not broken and there was no skull fracture, etc.

You can still see the little red scar under and on the tip of his nose from the last injury!
However, an hour after we left quick care he started coughing, etc. It turns out he has this bad cold. So on top of having a big bruise on his nose, I also have to force him to sit still so I can wipe all his snot off of it. Poor baby. On the bright side, he sounds like an old man in a baby's body and that is pretty entertaining. He also seems to be doing better the last couple of days since it has taken me two days to finish this post! He is still coughing though and now I think I might be catching it!
Anyway, I apologize for not keeping up with my blogging but I am finding it difficult to work it into my schedule right now! I am looking forward to having 2 whole weeks off for Christmas break!! I do want to take a minute to update on all the cool things that Casen can do since I am going to be making this all into a book one day, I don't want to miss any details! Casen is 14.5 months old going on 15 years! He has such a big boy attitude but it is pretty hilarious. He walks with his chest puffed out like he owns the joint. He also says lots of words and most of them are understandable to people other than me! His favorite word is ball. He also says buh bye, ha (hi), gampa (grandpa-that is for Marc's dad, my dad is Poppy), go (when we are leaving), and tonight he said cool when we were looking at Christmas lights. I guess he has picked that one up because every time we look at lights I tell him to look and then say "That's cool". Of course he says momma and daddy as well. Unfortunately he has associated Momma with wanting more or wanting anything in general. It is kinda funny though because he will whine and just say mamamamamama all dramatic like. He is such an energetic little guy, it amazes me what he accomplishes on a daily basis. He keeps me so busy that I can't blog when he is around, which is partially to blame for my blog laziness of late! Thanks to those who are still reading! I love my baby so much and I like to talk about him every once in a while! I still love you all even though I have not been keeping on making comments etc!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hi friend! I feel so bad for you and Casen. Unfortunately those bumps and bruises come with the territory of childhood. You're a great mom, keep it up! Love you!

Pike's Place said...

Despite his "owie," he's still the cutest little thing. Unfortunately, accidents happen (especially to toddler boys!). Good luck with the craziness!

p.s. By the way, I was in DB the other day and was hoping I'd see Mark . . . but the other clerks were very helpful. :)

boys in the hood said...

You are the meanest MOMMA! Ha just kidding Sis...that's just aprt of the job! Poor babies little nose...I bet you get lots of looks...just wait until he breaks a bone and your walking around with your 2 year old and a cast...hope you don't have to go there! Loves to you guys!

heather said...

I'm glad that Casen is feeling better. Poor little kid and his nose...
So yea, I am excited...two reasons. One, you posted again. I love reading your blog and am sad when you don't post cause I don't know what is up.
Two, you have two weeks off and Melissa is coming in town next week and that means we can all hang out! I talked to her last week and she is game!

Jessica said...

I wish I could come to your girl's night with Heather and Melissa.

Stupid Georgia.

Casen looks like such a big boy. He needs to act like one. Tell him to stop acting like a baby.

I'm just kidding. I like him.

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Poor Casen!!! He's still freaking cute though!! Okay, let's really be friends again, I miss you! I just read your comment and next Saturday sounds good to me!! (I think- I just have to double check with Jason to make sure he's not doing anything that I don't know about =))