Saturday, November 22, 2008

Two Busy, Hard Weeks!

Okay so there are lots of reasons why we have been away from blogging land for 2 weeks. Casen had a hard week because he kept getting hurt. First he was walking down his GG's sidewalk ad the sidewalk turned and he didn't. Instead he landed in the rocks and got a big cut under his nose. When that cut was starting to heal, he was trying to step onto our porch from the front door and he slipped and landed face first on the door mat. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the first cut was a scab, which was ripped off and then started bleeding. He was pretty upset and crying for quite some time. If that wasn't enough, a couple of days later he fell face first onto the tile at his GG's house. I promise you all that I was watching him the whole time...he hurts himself so quickly, I can't stop it.
This is a picture taken today when his wounds are finally almost healed!! He is such a big boy now though. He was sitting on the couch in this picture and just watching TV like he owned the joint!
Here is the picture from a few days ago when you can see all the scab on his face. I got dirty looks or poor baby's from everyone who some him. I am sure they all thought I was a bad mom! His eyes are weird in this picture as well because it seems like every time I take a
picture of him his eyes are closed! I promise I didn't drug him or anything!
In addition to Casen getting hurt, I had all these afternoon meetings for work that really stressed me out. Then I got sick this week so I have been fighting a sinus infection for the last few days and I have been doing nothing but laying on the couch trying to make sure Casen doesn't get into too much trouble while I move as little as possible!! It has worked out pretty well! I was so worried that because I was sick I would miss the Twilight premier, but luckily I woke up feeling a little better this morning! I went with a lot of friends from my ward to an early ''matinee so it wasn't crowded at all! We had a lot of fun. I will have to get the pics later, because I forgot my camera! Overall, I liked the movie! It was sad to lose a lot of things from the book but it was sort of expected! I wish the meadow scene had been a little longer and different. My group decided that we really liked everything, but we missed a lot of the romance. I think they cut out a little too much of them falling in love. I think if you had not read the book, then you may have wondered when exactly they fell in love! With that said, I can't wait to see more in future movies!!! I hope everyone else enjoyed the movie!!

4 comments:

heather said...

So glad that you are back! Casen is so cute, scab and all. Wow, poor little guy. I can't believe he fell so many times.
Glad you are feeling better too!
Okay, so glad that you liked the movie. We were supposed to go tonight but my mom got called into work(our babysitter). I have heard so many bad reviews, but if you like it, then it must be good. Have to wait till next week.

Michele said...

Kendra, talk to Jess. Our Doctor told us to put a helmet on her at recess! Active children have constant boo-boos! Nice to see the genes are still in the family.

Boopsie said...

Don't put a helmet on th poor kid...I was mortified when the doc said that! Needless to say, I never did wear it. As for Casen, he's getting to be so grown up! He looks like a little boy now! I can't believe how fast it's gone, and definitely don't want Oak to grow so fast!!!

Becky said...

Kendra, My Dad intorduced me to the greatest thing that helps with sinus infections. It's called Nielmed Sinus Rinse. You can buy it at Walgreens and it's about $12. It will totally clear your sinus passages and remove "infecious material" TRY IT!
Also, I missed you for Twilight, let's get together soon! Love, Becky