I feel like I haven't updated for a while so sorry if this turns out too long!! We decided to take a little vacation to North Ogden Utah to visit Marc's grandparents and other relatives. I have been a little stressed out with all of my responsibilities and I just wanted to leave the house and not think of them for a little bit! Suprisingly, it actually worked!
Casen not only got to go on his first vacation, but he also got to experience snow for the first time. We left our near 80 degree temps in Vegas for a cool 30 degrees or so. We were lucky to avoid the snow while driving but we woke up to a little blanket of snow! I was pretty excited! Casen was too in case you couldn't tell from the pictures!

Mommy and Casen out in the snow....brrrr!!

Daddy and Casen in the snow...al bundled up (sort of-we are from Vegas we don't own snow clothes okay)!!

Daddy let Casen check out the snow firsthand. He put a little on his mouth, but no worries, it was not yellow!

Our family with the our little baby snowman. Casen knew right what to do with the snow and he built a fabulous snowman. He is pretty advanced for his age =) If you can't tell, he even shared his pacifier with the little baby snowman. What a nice little boy he is!

Besides getting to play in the snow, which we really enjoyed (Marc whooped me in a snowball fight, don't worry Casen was safe in the house with Marc's aunt!) Casen got to meet his second cousin, Codey. Codey was born only 3 days before Casen, but as you can see from the picture he is quite a bit chunkier! He is almost 19 pounds while Casen is still only 15. Codey has the fattest rolls on his legs, it is pretty cute! Casen is very curious of other people so he kept grabbing Codey's ears and trying to swat at him. Don't be deceived, it looks like he is gently patting his back but he could hurt you if you let him.
Since Casen is 5 months old now, he has decided that he is going to learn a few more things just to keep life interesting. He rolls mulitple times and also can rotate his position so he can get around pretty well. Just in the last day he figured out that he can move his legs and propel his body forward. He can get about 5 or 6 inches. My guess is that he will be crawling in no time. I am excited for him, not as much for me! He is also interested in putting absolutely everything in his mouth. He especially enjoys paper.
Anyway. We are doing really well and enjoying Casen so much! Have a happy day!
8 comments:
Its about time you posted! jk
I'm glad that you got to go on a little vaction and not have to worry about school. Casen has gotten so cute. I can't believe he is 5 months old!
Ditto on the "it's about time you posted'!!! Looks like you guys had fun in Utah. Casen is pretty cute and so are you...I can't believe how big he is getting. I really miss you guys. Wish someone would come see us in Oklahoma...it's not bad here...I promise!
I'm glad he got to experience snow -- cute pics! I have an extra affinity for Utah so it was fun to see them. Casen's getting so big . . . he's looking more boy-ish and is so adorable. They grow too fast!
Cute Cute Cute! You are so brave! I dread going on vacation- with the babies sleeping in new beds (or not sleeping at all), time changes, etc. I'm glad you guys had fun.
The vacation was a little bit of a sleep challenge. Normally he sleeps through the night without a feeding but I had to wake up several times with him and feed him so he would stop crying. He did fine during the day and in the car though!!
Kennie! I'm so glad you found me. How exciting...and I actually didn't know you had a kid (and a cute kid, too). Shame on me.
Kendra your baby is adorable. I am so happy for your little family. Next time you are in Utah you'll have to come by and visit.
tammy
Kendra, Casen is soooo cute! I'm glad you got to get away on a little vacation! We all need them from time to time! Call me when you have a chance to get together!
Post a Comment