Friday, April 2, 2010

Disneyland again!!

We just got back from another wonderful vacation to Disneyland! We decided that we are really glad that we got these passes for our Christmas present! This time around we spent 3 days in Disneyland and a day at Newport Beach. We also had Marc's brother, Shane and his girlfriend (now finance as of last night!!), Hannah come with us this time, which made it even more fun! They were nice enough to help out with Casen so Marc and I were able to actually ride some rides together instead of taking turns alone! The trip started off a little on the wrong foot when we got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for the whole way. What should have been 4 hours took over 7! I do not recommend driving to CA on a Sunday afternoon, it was awful! Luckily the rest of the trip made up for it and the drive home was much better!

This serves as our Happy Easter picture! Casen loves Winnie the Pooh and the adults like Splash Mountain so we spent a lot of time in Critter Country. We took pictures with most of the characters and here is us with Rabbit!

Mommy and Casen in front of the Castle. Casen loves to point out the castle whenever he sees it. He calls it Mickey's castle!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhtemxOWh9VWeX80cSGBRq7qricOEh-CAyeXRKp30u_68W9CsJoYeltWLBjsHfcRG6nqi5pqAsGGdJo8lfOrQVIZTTcOIZTf-2NT5kcoYTNUs3IasBLHjYKvqRwLoX0KxCRpUrB5ZLiHBk/s1600/P1010165.JPG">
Shane and Hannah on It's a Small World! They were nice enough to go with us since Casen loves that ride as well!

Everyone's favorite ride this year was Buzz Lightyear so we could see who could get the most points...that is until we discovered Toy Story. That ride is so much fun and has even more games. We now understand why the line is always so long. Next trip we will be hitting that up every day! Hannah was the winner on Buzz every time and poor Shane just kept trying and couldn't compete! I was also proud of Casen for actually watching the fireworks this time. He got traumatized by the fireworks in October because we were in Fantasyland right where they set them off, so has been afraid ever since. While we were sitting and waiting he kept asking to get out of there. He sat on Daddy's lap and we kept telling him how cool it was and he decided to watch. I wish I had a picture of his face, it was a pained smile that said "I am still not sure about this but I think I like it".

We took a break from Disney on Tuesday and spent the day in Newport Beach. It wasn't as sunny and warm as we would have liked but we still braved the water, built a sand castle (sort of), and had a picnic. Casen loved the sand but not the water so much. Hannah was holding him at first and he would just lift his body and do anything to avoid the water. I guess he is going to be like daddy and run from the cold water! Daddy showed him how to run from the waves and he loved that. He also loved to roll in the sand and collect shells. He collected all the shells we used for the "sand Castle". Here is Casen, Shane, and Hannah by the sand castle.

After our fun at the beach we decided to stop at the Newport Beach temple since Marc and I had never been there before. We had a nice walk on the grounds and took some pictures. It was such a beautiful temple! Hopefully we will get the chance to do a session there some time. Here is Marc and Casen by the temple!

We had so much fun. We are glad that Shane and Hannah came with us and that they still like us and each other =)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You got season passes? That is AWESOME. What a great gift. And I'm glad you're able to find time to go. Looks like fun. I heart you. We'll be there probably in July and we have to play.

boys in the hood said...

Fun! Fun! Hope Casen remembers what cool parents you are to take him to Disneyland so often! Glads you guys had so much fun!

Todd and Saralyn said...

looks like you guys had so much fun..I didnt know that they had toy story rides..Brooklyn would have gone crazy for that ride