Saturday, June 21, 2008

An Update...Finally

Okay, so I thought I wouldn't be that busy since I only have some internship hours left and taking care of Casen, I was wrong. Not only am I busy, but I am exhausted. After working elementary school for only 2 weeks, I am absolutely certain I made the right decision to be a high school counselor instead of an elementary school counselor. The ES counselor is worked to the bone, they have way more kids to see and way more expectations from the administration. I come home completely exhausted every single day!! I only have 80 hours left to get, and I cannot wait to be done. I am currently searching for a job but I am having a few issues with my CCSD paperwork because I am not finished with my hours yet. I have taken to calling schools for interviews but if you don't call the second the job is posted, it is filled. Two of my friends from the program got interviews and hired because they had connections...I need some connections!

This picture is out of order but I can't figure it out so it is just going to stay here! This is a picture of Casen's latest boo boo from his cousin Jac. Casen has been playing with Jac at least 3 days a week for 4 1/2 months and it wasn't until about a month ago that Jac bit him twice on the leg. Apparently this leg is really delicious because he just bit him again! I forgot to take a picture last time so here it is this time. Casen didn't even cry! I guess he is learning to be a tough guy!!

So Casen still is not a fan of grass. He looks like this and starts to cry every time he touches it. We are probably mean parents but we just laugh at him. Well I guess we are not completely mean because once we are done laughing we try to show him how cool it is, but he doesn't believe us. We also took him swimming again last weekend, the pictures are on Saralyn's camera so I can't share them, and he acted like this as well. Last time he was completely chill and loved it, so I don't know what his deal was. He clung to me the whole time and cried when I tried to take his grasp off of me. What a silly little boy!
This is a picture of us at Jason's high school graduation! It was a lot of fun because I worked at Green Valley High School this past semester so I got to go "back stage" and see all the kids lining up. I also got to see all my students graduate that I had worked really hard to help get their credits! We also got to sit in the special teacher seating down on the floor, they were nice front row seats and they were cushy too! I am so proud of Jason for graduating! I can't believe how grown up and handsome he is!
And finally here is a picture of the cutest little baby in the universe! He is such a sweetheart I can't even stand it some times! It is actually a good thing that he is so cute because he has been a bit of a stinker lately. He has decided that he doesn't want to nurse or drink his bottle. I officially stopped nursing him on Monday. I feel good about it because he lasted over 8 months and that was with me basically working full time for the last 4. What I don't feel good about is that he won't even drink a bottle or a sippy cup. We have to force the bottle down his throat most of the time. He will generally only take one or 2 bottles a day willingly. The other day he drank under 20 ounces for the whole day. We will be going to the doctor in about a week, I am hoping that it is just teething or something, because we cannot keep fighting like this!! He does like his solid food a lot and we have been adding extra liquid to it in order to keep him properly hydrated! Even though he is a lot of work, he is definitely worth it. He gives us kisses and hugs and does funny things to make us happy! We will be leaving for our super vacation on July 2 so I will try to post before that, but otherwise it might be a while! Thanks for reading my nice long post and have a great week!

7 comments:

Ashby Family said...

Casen is such a cutie. I hope he starts to drink again for you soon. Its no fun trying to force a baby to eat. I love the grass pictures you have in your blog they just crack me up! Since I probably won't see you before your big vacation have a great time!!

boys in the hood said...

give him a sippy, then it will be easier to get him off the bottle when he turns year! Haven't you figured out that kid wants to grow up too fast lil' sis?!

Michelle Campbell said...

OH... he is a cute little guy! Don't stress to much. Babies can be stubborn too. haha. I am so impressed that you were able to nurse while working full time. I am way to lazy and full of excuses to do that. haha. I hope you get a job soon... I'll keep my ears open for "connections" for ya. :)

heather said...

I was wondering when you were going to post. I'm so glad you did, and I can't blame you b/c you have been super busy.
So I will totally have to agree with you, Casen is so stinking cute I can't even stand it. I totally think that we should hook our kids up...;)
But good luck with the 80 hours and I hope you do find a job. If I knew any connections I would totally hook you up...but I don't:(
Have fun on your vaction and hopefully we can get together afterwards...let me know.

Jessica said...

Where are you going on your big vacation???

Anonymous said...

he is such a cute baby Kendra, you guys did good! Enjoy your super vacation, I look forward to post/pictures when you get back.

Kendra said...

For our vacation we are, first, going to Arizona for a Cobia siblings reunion. All my siblings and their families will be there (all like 35 of us or something like that) and then we are going on the cruise to Mexico with Marc's brother and his buddies and his mom!