Friday, March 13, 2009

Favorite Show!



Well I never thought I would be the mom that lets her baby watch lots of TV, but somehow Casen has fallen in love with Handy Manny. Sometimes in the morning we would watch the Disney shows and he just started saying Manny and dancing whenever the theme song came on. Now, pretty much every day we are required to watch Handy Manny at least once. We get home and Casen finds the remote and points it to the television and says Manny Manny. As you can see in the above video, he becomes so enthralled in the show that he doesn't focus on anything else.



Here is a picture of him actually sitting still on daddy's lap for more than 5 seconds because he was watching Manny. Sorry for the quality of the pic, it is from my cell phone.

Besides being addicted to TV, Casen has also decided that he is Mr. Independent and he can do things on his own. He likes to walk out of the house by himself and then he will climb into the car (which is difficult because the step is almost as tall as he is) and then he sits down in the regular seat and tries to put the seatbelt on. When he first did this, I was laughing so hard. I gave him the bad news that it would be quite a long time before he was able to sit that way. I just thought it was funny that was his first thought when he got in the car.

Casen continues to be such a joy. He surprises me daily with his new knowledge and new words and he also continues to make me laugh every day as well. He jabbers awat so much. Most of the time I think he is speaking Casenese, but every once in a while there is a very understandable word. We love him so much!!

10 comments:

heather said...

We love this show too! It's great b/c it helps Gabe with his spanish...or at least that is what I keep telling myself.
So glad you blogged. I've missed your posts

Jessica said...

He is so dang cute. His smile makes me happy. It looks like you're in for it the older he gets! He reminds me of Bridger.

boys in the hood said...

Cute little man...Maddie loves Manny too! I guess they can watch it together this summer.

Todd and Saralyn said...

how you cute !!

Brenda E said...

Oh watch out! They watch one,and then it's another, etc. It does give us a break once in a while though.

Boopsie said...

That's so cute! Larissa and I were just talking about how much these little tykes change every single day! Anyways, I noticed his hand was all bandaged up...what did he get into??? Hope all is well!

Becca said...

Kendra! Holy Cow, I has been forever!! I'm so glad you found our blog. You look as beautiful as ever, and Casen is a doll!!! How have you been doing? Do you still live in Henderson? I think Marc used to live in my parents ward. Are his parents still still in the Silver Springs ward? You have a beautiful family!! I'm it's so fun hear from you again!!!

Ashby Family said...

so funny. TV can be a great tool for us mom's ; ) and don't worry the car scenario just gets worse. Ariana now has to tell me which door she wants to get out of or we will have WWIII! (totall pay back for how I was when I was 3, I knew my mom was right that that would come back to haunt me)

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

He is so stinkin cute!! I can't believe we never see each other anymore. We need to try to be friends more =)

Jen said...

Kendra,

I just found your blog link on Cara's site. What a cute family. Jared likes the songs you have on your blog. I loved the journal entry after your first date with Marc. Holy cow, ten years!

Jen