10 years ago
Friday, January 18, 2008
It's Kirby, basketball, and more!
Last Saturday, Kirby Heybourne (he was in all the church movies like RM, Best Two Years, etc)came to Deseret Book to do a CD signing and sing a few songs! He came around 1pm and the teenage girls were lining up to see him. If anyone ever watches American Idol you remember the girl crying over Sanjaya? Yes, there were teeny boppers crying over Kirby. When he walked in they were screaming so loud and then crying. I mean, not even Casen was crying so it was pretty enjoyable. We were lucky enough to meet Kirby at a previous signing 2 years ago so instead of signing a CD, I had him sign my scrapbook page. How awesome is that!! He wrote, "The Cox family completes me." He is a very real and friendly guy. He just chatted with everyone for 2 or 3 minutes each.
We look like best buddies, huh!! Also, Kirby was talking and playing with Casen and got him to smile. It was pretty sweet!
This is my lovely brother Aaron and his family with Kirby. I just happened to run into them at the bank and had them come and meet Kirby. Aaron wanted his shirt because it was stylish! And also in case you hadn't noticed, my niece and nephew are pretty cute! That Jac sure is a fiery little red head!
The cutest little Rebel fan ever! We took Casen to the UNLV vs. BYU basketball game this week. Just so ya'll know, UNLV kicked some butt and won by 29 points. Sorry to all you BYU fans out there, but ha ha ha!!
It is hard to see in this picture but number one, I am not as fat as I look there, and number 2, our shirts say, "Real Mormons are Rebels." We always wear these shirts when we play BYU! We didn't have one of those shirts small enough for Casen, but I did find the onesie he is wearing at Wal-mart. Casen did pretty well at the game considering all the noise. It was the first time that he got startled to the point of crying. After that, I made sure to cover his ears before people started cheering too loudly. Then he was okay and he even fell asleep towards the end. Marc is so excited to have a son to share his love of sports with. They are going to another game next week while I am in class.
And finally, this is a picture I took of Casen today. He just looked so cute in this outfit, I had to share. It is so much fun to get him dressed everyday! I hope everyone is doing well. I am starting school next week and will not have as much blogging time so I apologize in advance if I don't keep it as updated. For now I need to get to bed, I am going to the Nevada Republican caucus tomorrow! Go Mitt!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Casen keeps getting cuter!
By the way, Real Mormons are Cougars....sorry. haha
But i'm glad that you are doing well. I had no idea that you were starting school. Good Luck.
Also, I think you look great!
To Heather-actually I am finishing school. This is my last semester and I will have a master's in school counseling. I am so excited to finally stop going to school. I haven't taken anything but summers off since forever! And, no real mormons are rebels, he he!!
Casen is getting so big! He is so cute. I love how you guys look so buddy-buddy Kirby. I noticed that before I read what you wrote. That is so fun that you got to meet him.
He is so stinking cute. I can't wait to get him and my babies together. They will be a good age to be best good cousins too! I was thinking I would have to wait till your second, but then we got out little surprises and they will be close enough. Love you and miss you too.
You are funny sister! I love the "Real Mormons are Rebels" I would have to agree. I do have a very cute nephew, you need to come visit forget school, family is more important:)
I voted for Mitt, but I did not vote for UNLV. I'm still bummed by that game. We were a bunch pansies out there! Glad you had fun at the game, though. I'm hoping for a different result when BYU plays you again. Go Cougars! Go Mitt!
How sweet! That's cool that you were able to meet Kirby a second time. Casen looks so yummy in that last picture! And, ps, you don't look fat at all!
You are funny. I want to snuggle Casen so bad. And let's be honest- I would snuggle you too if I had the chance. =)
Post a Comment